We are well into cold and flu season so here are some helpful hints about how to stay healthy, and if you do “catch a cold” or “get the flu” here are some natural supplements that you may find beneficial. Many of these can be found at your local health food store.
- Vitamin D3 with K2 2000-8000 IU per day
- Vitamin A 5000 IU per day
- Vitamin C with flavonoids 500-5000 mg per day
- Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols) 400-800 IU per day
- Probiotics (L acidophilus, L plantarum, L paracasei, B lactis) 1 per day
- Yeast beta glucan 250-500 mg per day
- N-acetylcysteine (NAC) 500-1500 mg per day
- Larch arabinogalactan 1000-5000 mg per day
- Astragalus 1000-2000 mg per day
Further ways to prevent illness is to eat a whole food diet; eliminate gluten, dairy, sugar and processed foods. Eat organic and nonGMO foods. Get plenty of sleep. Take time to relax and enjoy life…AND wash your hands regularly.
- Vitamin D (these are large doses for a short time) 50,000-100,000 IU per day X 3 days
- Vitamin C with flavonoids 5000-10,000 mg per day
- N-acetylcysteine (NAC) 1500-3000 mg per day
- Andrographis 300-1000 mg per day
- Licorice root (careful if you have high blood pressure) 500-2000 mg per day
- Umckaloabo 1-2 droppers 4 x daily
- Olive leaf extract 500 mg 4 x daily
- Elderberry (liquid) 1-2 tablespoons daily
- Garlic (freeze-dried) 500 mg 4 x daily
We don’t often give exact remedies or doses for natural supplements, but with all the concerns about infections and epidemics, it seems prudent to give you some valuable information.
If you have questions or need help with any chronic conditions, please call Dr. Bedinghaus at 303-986-0492.