What is Arthritis?
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-35378234-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
Basically, it is inflammation around and within the joint and is the most common cause of disability in the US. There are numerous causes of this inflammatory joint condition. Here are some of the major causes:
- Childhood arthritis, esp. Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (JRA)
- Gout (elevated levels of uric acid)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Autoimmune Diseases (systemic lupus erythematosus = lupus)
- Infectious (septic arthritis)
What are the Symptoms?
Generally people with arthritis have pain and stiffness in and around one or more joints. There may be redness and swelling of the affected joints. Arthritis is a chronic disease so symptoms often come and go.
Management and Treatment
The main focus, especially from a conventional medicine perspective is to:
- Control pain
- Minimize joint damage
- Improve or maintain function and quality of life
The treatment might involve the following:
- Medication (pain relievers, anti-inflammatory drugs
- Physical or occupational therapy
- Patient education and support
- Weight loss
Can Homeopathy Help Arthritis Sufferer?
Most definitely. Homeopathy helps restore balance and harmony within the body’s vital energy and can impact almost any condition by stimulating the immune system. The homeopathic physician will spend several hours understanding:
- the exact nature of every symptom
- what exactly is the quality of the pain
- where is it located
- are there other concomitant symptoms
- what makes it better or worse.
According to the basic principles of homeopathy, as discovered and presented by Samuel Hahnemann (the founder of homeopathy), requires that each person be treated according to the particular and peculiar symptoms they suffer. This is what sets homeopathy apart from conventional medicine. In convention medicine there are a few standard medications that are used for everyone, but in homeopathy each person is unique and the homeopathic remedy is chosen for each individual person.
Dr. Wanda Bedinghaus, our homeopathic physician is waiting to help you start your healing journey. Call us today and speak with our doctor to find out how homeopathy can help you heal. 303-986-0492