Integrative medicine is the current trend and the prevailing answer to our enormous healthcare crisis. The recent buzz words on how to over haul our health care system rarely mention prevention, true prevention, as the key to the overwhelming epidemic of chronic disease. Prevention means we have to look at the fundamental or root cause of the diseases that plague society and make necessary changes to correct the problem.
Costs are escalating beyond our wildest imagination, along with the rising incidence of cancer, diabetes and heart disease. It all boils down to this: we are in trouble, and must implement a solution to the rampant escalation of chronic diseases. Our country ranks 37th in the quality of its health care system according to the World Health Organization, however we spend twice as much per person as any other developed country. A phenomenal number of Americans, 48 million, don’t have insurance and those who do realize they don’t have enough.
There are many ways we can prevent poor health before it happens. Do you realize that what we put into our bodies in terms of the food we eat and toxins that constantly surround us have a huge impact on our inner cellular health? What about our beliefs? Negative thoughts and emotions have a deleterious impact on our precious inner life. Although it appears complicated the answer to our health care crisis is so simple:
• Eat whole foods that have not been processed or genetically modified.
• Eliminate toxins from our inner and outer environment.
• Learn to be live in a state of inner peace, joy and contentment.
• Choose holistic therapies that stimulate the body’s innate wisdom to heal itself:
- Ancient therapies such as acupuncture or ayurve
- Massage Therapy to stimulate the movement of lymph and cellular fluids.
- Chiropractic manipulation to bring the structure back into alignment.
- Yoga to bring the mind and body into synergy.
- Exercise the body to stimulate revitalization and invigoration.
- Individualized biochemistry: to test and measure how the body is handling oxidative stress, liver detoxification and cell membrane functioning. Appropriate supplementation of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and amino acids should be taken based on these results.
There are many wonderful holistic therapies that stimulate the healing response. What about the millions of people who know nothing about these modalities? It’s time for us to enlighten others about positive, life enhancing, healing therapies. To establish your repertoire of modalities and bring you to a greater state of wellness call Healing Unleashed at 303-986-0492 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Bedinghaus.